The Cox Cares Foundation is proud to offer grants to local non-profits to support programs that focus on youth, education and military. This year nearly $150,000 is available to support this effort in our California markets (San Diego, Orange County/Palos Verdes and Santa Barbara). The Cox Cares Advisory Board, made up of nearly 40 Cox employee volunteers, will consider requests of $2,500 - $10,000.
- August 1: Application live
- August 5-30 : Applications accepted. Click here to apply now!
- September 2-20 : Applications reviewed by Cox Cares Advisory Board
- September 30-October 5 : Social Media voting. After the applications are narrowed down, the community will have the opportunity to vote for an organization to win additional funding
Organizations must meet the following qualifications to apply:
- Be a 501(c)3 non-profit organization
- Be located or provide services in San Diego County, Orange County, Palos Verdes or Santa Barbara
Cox Cares is restricted from providing charitable grants to:
- Organizations that discriminate
- Walks & runs
- Recreational sports teams and clubs
- Arts & culture
- Endowment funds or foundations
- Religious or political promotion
- Non 501c(3) designated organizations
- Labor or fraternal organizations
- Capital expenditures
- General operations
For non-profit grant rules and regulations, click here: Orange County, San Diego, Santa Barbara
for a list of our 2012 recipients.